A ROYAL GEMSTONE
A gemstone associated with royalty, this extraordinary September gemstone, has been noted to traditionally symbolize truth, nobility and sincerity. Sapphire comes from the Greek word sappheiros which means “blue stone” Here are fun facts about this astonishing gemstone.
- Sapphire, though widely associated with blue, comes in different rainbow colors except for red. Royal officials, clergy, kings and queens decorated their official robes and crown jewel with the magnifest sapphire during the middle ages, guess what? Some still do till date.
- Sapphire was widely reputed to have healing powers, interesting right? Of course it is. In the medieval era it was said to cure boils. It was also worn during the middle ages as an amulet or jewelry for protection against evil.
- To show and portray his love to his fiancee Josephine, in 1796 Napoleon Bonaparte gifted her with a sapphire engagement ring which was later auctioned at almost a million dollars.
- Princess Diana had a 12 carat oval sapphire ring, her engagement ring later passed down to Kate Middleton which at the time was estimated at 36,000 dollar but currently priceless.
- Do you know sapphire is the second hardest element on earth, diamond being first, which is measured at 9 mohs scale. Sapphire isn’t just one of the most valuable stones on earth but the second most durable.
- The largest sapphire in the world, also known as the star of Asia, discovered in the southern city of Ratnapura Sri Lanka worth more than 100 million dollars.
- This extraordinary gemstone can be given as a gift for 5th and 45th wedding anniversaries. Shouldn't come as a surprise since this beautiful gemstone represents sincerity, chastity, faithfulness and nobility.
Visit www.nehita.com for different varieties of beautiful Sapphire jewelry.
Subscribe to our newsletters and get a chance to win exciting rewards from Nehita Jewelry!
Tagged with: best place to buy sapphire earrings best place to buy sapphire rings best place to buy stud earrings dual pearl earrings pearl and sapphire earrings Pearl and emerald Stud Earrings turquoise and coral earrings